Residential Home Inspections
Pre-listed Home Inspections
Home inspections Red Deer Red Deer is now offering pre-listing home inspections for houses under 2000 ft.² at 399+ Plus GST. A great way to take the bumps and doubts out of that final sale.
A residential home inspection is imperative for home buyers as an inspection informs both the homeowners and buyers of the condition of the property being sold. An inspection should only be carried out by a professional, licensed and certified home inspector. A certified inspector is able to identify any potential problems (poor construction, defective mechanical, electrical issues, etc) when everything may otherwise appear in good condition to an untrained set of eyes.
Home inspectors are dissuaded from moving personal items that may be restricting access to areas needing to be inspected.
Please don't hesitate to call us if you have any questions regarding preparing your home for an inspection.
Types of Home Inspections
- Pre-purchase Inspections - A pre-purchase inspection is carried out on behalf of the interested party buying a property.
- Pre-listing Inspections - A pre-listing inspection is co-ordinated by the seller before a property is put onto the market or listed. A pre-listing inspection, provided by a certified inspector can provide valuable information for the seller to help determine a fair-market price for the property. Having a pre-listing inspection can also ease any concerns for perspective buyers once a property is listed.
- Pre-delivery inspection - Once a new home is constructed the contractor and buyer are required to do a walk-through of the home to perform a Pre-Delivery Inspection. The inspection is carried out in order to ensure everything is in proper working without defects, damage and is in working order or built to specification. Once a buyer takes over (moves in) the property from the home builder, the buyer’s only legal recourse to have any defects repaired is to ensure the builder’s records reflect the defects during the Pre-Delivery Inspection. You can designate Home Inspections Red Deer to act as your representative during a Pre-Delivery Inspection in order to prevent any costly discrepancies over defects with a home builder.
- Investigative Inspections - An Investigative Inspection is frequently requested by home owners who may be concerned about health or safety issues or home owners wanting to maintain their home and property. In the summer many home inspections are conducted after severe storms. Inspections can confirm if roofing, building or foundations integrity are intact and undamaged. Because water damage can cause moisture problems and devalue a property, it’s important to identify any water-related issues at an early stage. A periodic investigative inspection can help assure you and your family live in a healthy environment within your home.
Common Defects found in Homes
- Moisture problems (foundation and drainage tiling)
- Inadequate Plumbing (leakage and worn pipes)
- Electrical liabilities (unsafe wiring, overloaded circuits and outdated electrical
- Heating, ventilation and cooling
- Roofing (inadequate shingles, blocked gutters, structural deterioration)
- Structural defects (support issues and cracks)
- Modern high-tech inspection equipment and techniques
- No hidden charges
- Confidential service
- Unbiased Inspection Reports
Home Inspections Red Deer is fully insured.